When a close friend or family member is arrested, you naturally want to do anything in your power to get them out. Often, this means reaching out to a local Riverside bail bonds service, which can help you ensure that your loved one is released as promptly as possible. Before you call the bail bond company, though, here are a few basic points you should know.
What to Know About Working with a Bonding Service Company
- Bail bond companies exist to help people get out of jail, even if they are experiencing financial hardship. You and your loved one may be alarmed by the high amount at which the courts set bail—but don’t let that discourage you. Bail bond companies exist to make bail attainable for everyone, even those who face financial challenges.
- Most of the time, you shouldn’t have to pay more than 10 percent of the total bail amount. You’ll need to make a small payment to the bonding service company, but this is usually just 10 percent of the total bail amount, if not less. If your Riverside bail bond company charges you more than 10 percent, that’s a red flag, and reason enough to shop around for a new bondsman.
- Most defendants will have the option of bail. You may be worried that your loved one won’t get bail at all. It’s true that the judge can deny bail, but this only happens when the defendant has a long criminal history or when the charges are severe (e.g., murder). In most cases, bail is going to be an option.
- A good bail bonds company can be reached around the clock. You don’t have to wait! Companies like Remedy are around 24/7. Make the call and start the process of freeing your loved one
- There are usually flexible financing options. Again, the whole point of bail bonds is to make bail accessible for everyone. At Remedy, we can work with you to find a good payment option. Don’t let insufficient funds keep you from calling and seeking our help.
- Getting your loved one out of jail can take a few hours. There are documents that must be filed and processed, and it really just depends on how busy things are at the jail that day. This is why you should start the process sooner rather than later.
- After getting bailed out, your loved one will need to show up for their court date. And if you paid for their bail bond, it’s your responsibility to make sure they aren’t late!
Get Help from a 24-Hour Bail Bonds Company
There’s almost always a good option for getting your loved one out of jail—so don’t delay. If you need the help of a Riverside bail bonds company, contact Remedy today. We’re around 24/7 to help you in any way that we can. Call us whenever you need us.