The bail bond process is one of those things that you never really think about it until you truly need it. Most of us go through our lives never giving much thought as to how bail bonds work, but if you find that a loved one has been arrested and needs help making bail, the topic of bonds will suddenly become quite pertinent.
Here are a few things everyone should know about bail bonds, and in particular bail bonds in Riverside. Whether it’s you or a loved one who is arrested, these guidelines can really come in handy.
Tips from a Bail Bond Company
- Upon arrest, the first order of business should be using the jail phone to call a family member and ask them to find a good local bail bond company! Of course, we’d urge you to keep Remedy in mind.
- If you have time (which you won’t always), ask the bonding service company how much the premium will be.
- Keep in mind that the more information you can provide the bail bondsman, the better; in particular, pass along the specific jail, the name of the individual, the case number, and the charges.
- Remember that making bail can sometimes take a little time, maybe a couple of hours, which is why it’s recommended that you start the process early.
- When choosing a Riverside bail bond company, reputation matters! Things like local reviews are important to keep in mind.
- Note that, when paying for bail bond, you’ll have to pay a premium, which is usually a percentage of the total bail amount. You may also need to put up some collateral, such as, real estate, a vehicle, etc.
- Good bail bond companies are open around the clock, so always be ready to make that call when you need to.
- Remember, too, that paying bail means the defendant can go home to be with his or her family while attending court proceedings—but it’s critically important to show up for that trial, and not to be late!
- Individuals who are out on bail and warned by the court not to leave the state or the country are strongly advised to comply. If you have any questions about what can and can’t be done while out on bail, contact your Riverside bail bondsman.
Anymore Questions About Riverside Bail Bonds?
The bail bond process can seem intimidating but remember: It’s meant to help you. And that’s certainly something we are passionate about here at Remedy Bail Bonds.
If you have any additional questions about Riverside bail bonds, or need to speak about our bail services, please feel free to contact us. We’re here around the clock! Reach out to the Riverside bail bonds team at Remedy today!